Spring Wedding Tips
Hello? Spring? Is that you? Well hello and welcome! We’ve been waiting for you!
It’s official, the southern California shower season is just behind us, the skies are clear, leaves are coming back and the roses? Well, they are in bloom of course! We are so grateful at Grand Tradition to keep our lawns lush, bouquets full and hedges pristine year ‘round, but even then, we have a great appreciation for spring. Why you might ask? The spring season is fresh yet familiar, cool in color but warm in spirit—what a perfect time to get married?! For all the lucky couples getting married in the spring, we’ve put together a list of spring wedding tips. Our top tips are sure to help you learn how to plan a spring wedding you’ll never forget.
- When selecting wedding colors, be sure to explore but don’t pick them all. Consider picking 1 neutral base color, 1 deep color, 1 light color, and an accent color. For instance, shell tan, plum, peach, and rose gold are beautiful spring wedding colors to consider. Also, have you heard about pastel colors?! You can thank us later.
- Talk to a Grand Tradition coordinator about how to add fresh spring colors to your wedding venue space. Maybe it’s satin table linens, burlap runners, or market lights.
- Do you have a wedding theme or an aesthetic goal? What is it? What makes your theme clear to others? What elements are you using to pull your theme together? Pick a spring wedding theme and select elements that will help bring it to life. This can be done through a chosen color palette, floral arrangements, decor, bridal party and guest wedding attire, and the overall setup of the ceremony.
- A vibrant addition to your wedding day would be to create floral arrangements out of seasonal flowers. While florals are great, if you want something non-traditional, consider a single daisy, floral wreath instead of bouquets, or even flower crowns.
- The saying less is more still rings true! This goes for wedding decor also. Don’t feel like you must fill every single nook with decor. Open space that allows for sunlight and a natural breeze to flow through will give your photos great depth and enchantment.
- Be sure to touch base with your coordinator and photographer to coordinate the best time to get your photos done in the gardens. Springtime wedding pictures in the perfect lighting, I think so!
- Need wedding favor ideas? Give your guests something they’ll never forget like embellished handkerchiefs, personalized fans, or a spring kit full of sweet treats.
- Lastly, don’t forget to go over your signature drinks with your coordinator. Spring weather calls for an outdoor cocktail hour and you’ll want to make sure your drinks are light and refreshing to match the spring season! Your coordinator can even help you figure out a way to incorporate your wedding color scheme into your signature drinks.
As you’re planning a spring wedding, be sure to consider these tips. These fresh spring wedding ideas are sure to bring vibrance to your wedding day. Do keep in mind that many springtime weddings call for an outdoor ceremony, so if you’d like to celebrate your love with the season, our beautiful wedding venue in San Diego is a great place to do so. For more wedding ideas, check out our blog!